Lasagna (and the Secret!)
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 2 Tbsp
- adobo seasoning (or garlic powder)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 lb
- sweet italian sausage
- 12 oz
- box lasagna noodles
- batch "my spaghetti sauce" (meatless)
- 16 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 4 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Lasagna (and the Secret!)
- 1** Ground beef & sausage can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated.
- 3Preheat oven to 350.
- 4Mix the ground beef with the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well and form into 5-6 large meatballs.
- 5Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until browned and well done. Set aside to cool.
- 6In a fry pan, brown the crumbled sausage. Drain well. Set aside.
- 7Turn oven temperature up to 400.
- 10In your Lasagna pan, spoon some sauce to just cover the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of noodles.
- 11Then, add 1/3 of the ground beef/sausage mixture
- 13Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some Parmesan.
- 14Repeat the layers two more times (sauce, noodles, meat, cheeses) to total 3 layers.
- 15** Be sure to cover the noodles with the sauce so that the edges are not showing, to keep them from drying out)
- 17Cover with some aluminum foil (sprayed with non-stick spray) or "tent" the foil with toothpicks to keep it from sticking to the cheeses. Bake for 45 minutes.