Lasagna (and the Secret!)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground beef
2 Tbspadobo seasoning (or garlic powder)
1/2 lbsweet italian sausage
12 ozbox lasagna noodles
1batch "my spaghetti sauce" (meatless)
16 ozricotta cheese
4 cmozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Lasagna (and the Secret!)
- ** Ground beef & sausage can be cooked ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the ground beef with the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix well and form into 5-6 large meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake about 30-40 minutes, or until browned and well done. Set aside to cool.
- In a fry pan, brown the crumbled sausage. Drain well. Set aside.
- Turn oven temperature up to 400.
- In your Lasagna pan, spoon some sauce to just cover the bottom of the pan. Add a layer of noodles.
- Then, add 1/3 of the ground beef/sausage mixture
- Add a layer of Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some Parmesan.
- Repeat the layers two more times (sauce, noodles, meat, cheeses) to total 3 layers.
- ** Be sure to cover the noodles with the sauce so that the edges are not showing, to keep them from drying out)
- Cover with some aluminum foil (sprayed with non-stick spray) or "tent" the foil with toothpicks to keep it from sticking to the cheeses. Bake for 45 minutes.