Griffith's Tuscan Carbonara
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbpancetta, diced
1 mediumonion finely diced
5 largeegg yolks
1/4 cheavy cream
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground nutmeg
1 cgrated parmigiano-reggiano
·fresh ground pepper
How to Make Griffith's Tuscan Carbonara
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Salt the water because as Emeril says in my town the water doesn't come seasoned.
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta and onion over medium- low heat in a large straight-sided skillet.(cast iron is best if you have it.) Cook until the pancetta is crispy and the onion softened. Turn off the heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the yolks, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and the grated cheese.
- When the pasta is ready to drain add to the pancetta and onion(DO NOT RINSE this makes the sauce harder to stick and adds additional starch to the dish).
- Quickly pour the egg mixture over the pasta and toss everything well to combine. THE RESIDUAL HEAT FROM THE SKILLET WILL BE ENOUGH TO COOK THE EGG MIXTURE AND MAKE A CREAMY SAUCE.
- Please do not use direct heat or you will break the sauce and end up with scrambleed eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.