Grandma Vivvy's Baked Macaroni & Cheese w/ Tomatoe
My first thoughts on this dish were very negative when it was dished onto my plate. But upon tasting it, now that was a different story. The mixture of cheese, spices and tomatoes plays nicely on the palate and makes this dish not so boring for the taste buds. Give it a try! I'm sure that you will enjoy it too!
Note: Prep time includes cooking the elbow macaroni.
- 2 c
- elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic minced or garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp
- oregano, fresh
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- 2 can(s)
- 1 pound cans tomatoes
- 1 - 2 pkg
- your choice of cheese ( i prefer to use mild sharp cheddar)
How to Make Grandma Vivvy's Baked Macaroni & Cheese w/ Tomatoe
- 1Cook macaroni according to instructions and drain.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Mix first 4 ingredients together mixing well.
Add the Tomatoes in mixing well. If you have whole tomatoes break them up with wooden spoon and distribute evenly.
- 3Note: Be sure to save enough cheese to cover the top of the top of your casserole.
- 4Mix in cheese with the elbow and tomato mixture. Use enough cheese that it will be relatively cheesy.
Cover the top of your casserole with reserved cheese, using enough to completely cover it.
- 5Bake in a moderate oven at 350 degrees for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.