Fettuccine with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus
I saw the original recipe in "New Vegetarin Cooking".
- 1 lb
- fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb
- fresh asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 pt
- cherry (or grape) tomatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan, optional
How to Make Fettuccine with Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus
- 1Turn on your oven broiler to start to heat up.
- 2Start a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 3While pasta water is coming to a boil, place tomatoes add asparagus pieces in a large zip lock bag. Add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, zip and gently mix. Place tomatoes and asparagus on a baking sheet, single layer.
- 4Then place tomatoes and asparagus under the broiler. Watch them closely. You want the tomatoes broiled just until they just start to collapse. They will be done before the pasta, turn off the broiler and leave in the oven to keep warm. Take out just before pasta is done.
- 5Drain pasta and return to pan and drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil. Add tomatoes and asparagus. Mix gently. Check salt and pepper and serve. Sprinkle with some parmesan, if desired.