Daily Inspiration S6
- 16 oz
- 2/3 c
- pineapple-coconut juice (or unsweetened pineapple juice with 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut)
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion, thinly sliced
- garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- curry powder
- 1 Tbsp
- ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper (or red pepper flakes)
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 lb
- large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley (or cilantro) chopped
- lime wedges for serving
How to Make Coriander-Curry Shrimp
- 1in a 6-8 qt. pan, cook vermicelli in about 4 qts. boiling water until al dente - 8 to 10 minutes; or cook according to package instructions. Drain well and tranfer to a rimmed platter; and keep warm. While pasta is cooking - stir together pineapple-coconut juice and cornstarch until blended; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a wide non-stick frying pan or work over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, garlic and 2 tbsp. water. Stir-fry until liquid has evaporated and onion is soft and beginning to brown (about 5 minutes). Add curry powder, coriander and red pepper to pan; stir to blend. Immediately add shrimp and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir cornstarch mixture well; pour into pan. Stir until sauce is bubbly and shrimp are just opague in center; cut to test, cook 1-2 minutes more. Add parsley (or cilantro) and mix gently but thoroughly.
- 4Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta; garnish with lime wedges. Season with salt.