Baked Italian Pasta
Anna Mae Kantor
Please note that there are NO other seasonings in this recipe other than the envelope of Italian seasoning.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. It's good to serve for company or to take to a church supper or to a neighbor who has just returned from the hospital and is unable to cook for the family.
Expect to get lots of compliments and requests for the recipe.
- 1 1/4 lb
- 93 % lean ground beef
- 1 small
- chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 24 oz
- spaghetti sauce of choice
- 2 can(s)
- diced tomatoes (undrained) 14 1/2 oz. each
- 2 can(s)
- tomato sauce (8 oz can)
- 1 pkg
- dry Italian salad dressing and recipe mix
- 1 lb
- box pasta (ridged jumbo elbows)
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz. drained sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 can of water to rinse container of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 can water to rinse out each can of diced tomatoes
- small amount of water to rinse out can of tomato sauce
How to Make Baked Italian Pasta
- 1Fry ground beef with diced onion and garlic until meat is no longer pink and onion is clear. Drain if necessary (but by using the 93 % lean meat, I usually don't find it greasy at all and draining is not necessary.)
- 2Cook pasta as directed on box, using a large pot, drain and put aside.
- 3In a large pot, place the spaghetti sauce (I usually use my own homemade) add the 2 cans of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, the water from rinsing out the cans, and the envelope of dry Italian salad dressing and recipe mix along with the mushrooms if using, and STIR WELL.
- 4Add the meat mixture and pasta and stir well.
- 5Place in 9 X 13 inch baking dish and top with the 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 6Bake at 375 for about 25 - 30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- 7Enjoy !!