SCALLOPS A LA KING
How to Make SCALLOPS A LA KING
- Prepare the scallops by pouring boiling water over them, draining and cut in small pieces if large, or left whole if small.
- Melt butter in frying pan; add the finely chopped green pepper and the peeled and chopped mushrooms. Stir and cook three or four minutes; add the flour, half teaspoonful of salt, and cook until frothy.
- Add one pint of rich milk and stir until the sauce thickens. Put in a double boiler and add the scallops and let stand for twenty minutes.
- Serve on toast or between split hot biscuits.
- Note: In the original recipe: there was no further mention of salt, and I know there was 1/2 teaspoonful unaccounted for above!