- 1 jar(s)
- grape leaves/ small jar has about 50 leaves
- 2 lb
- ground chuck
- 2 c
- course #3 bulgar
- 1 1/4 c
- instant white rice
- 2 tsp
- fresh parsely
- 3/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- medium can of whole tomatoes, (take out 2 of the tomatoes to crush on top of the plate)
- beef bouillon, cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Sarma (Stuffed Grape Leaves)
- 1Mix everything together except 2 whole tomatoes and the bouillon cubes.
- 2Take the grape leaves and cut off the stems. Shiny side goes down when putting the meat mixture in. Put the meat horizontally by the base where stem was.
Roll away twice to cover meat. Take the corners and fold in. Then keep folding until done.
- 3Line the pan in a circle when finished rolling. Keep going around stacking on top of each other. If you still have meat mixture left, make into meatballs and fill in some of the gaps.
When the pot is filled, take a dinner plate and flip it over on top of the rolls so the bottom of the plate is facing up. Put the bouillon cubes around the edge of the plate. Crush the two tomatoes you saved and put them on around the edges of the plate. Cover just above the plate with water. Cover the pot. Boil slowly for about 45 minutes.