Portobello Mushrooms with Creamy Spinach-Artichoke
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- medium cloves garlic, minced (1 tbs.)
- medium portobello mushrooms, stemmed, gills removed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh thyme
- 14 oz
- can artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 c
- finely grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 10 oz
- frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
How to Make Portobello Mushrooms with Creamy Spinach-Artichoke
- 1Position rack in the center of the oven and heat to 450 degrees F. In a small bowl combine 2 tbs. of the oil and about two-thirds of the minced garlic. Brush the insides of the mushroom caps with the garlic oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange the mushrooms oiled side up on a rimmed baking sheet and roast about 10 minutes.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and 1/2 tsp. of the thyme with the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the spinach and the artichokes and season to taste with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine the remaining garlic,1 Tbs. oil, and 1 tsp. thyme with the panko crumbs and cheese.
- 3Spoon the artichoke mixture evenly into the mushroom caps and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Bake until the crumbs are golden-brown and the filling is hot, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.