Mozzarella Portabellas American Heart Association
4portabella mushrooms, about 3.5 ounces each, stems removed
1zucchini, medium size, thinly sliced
1green bell pepper, chopped
1yellow onion, medium, chopped
2 tspdried basil
8 oztomato sauce, no-added salt
1/8 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
2/3 cpart skim mozzarella cheese or smoked mozzarella cheese
2 tspparmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Mozzarella Portabellas American Heart Association
- Preheat the oven to 400*F. Lightly spray a nonstick baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. Lightly spray both sides of the mushrooms with vegetable oil spray; place with the stem side up on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until fork tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near a gas flame). Cook the zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and basil for 5 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Spoon 1/2 cup zucchini mixture over each mushroom; top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until the mozzarella has melted. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.