Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole
1 lb.ground beef
1 mediumonion, diced
2 garliccloves, minced
saltseason according to taste
pepperseason according to taste
1/4 tsp.teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 (8 oz.)cans tomato sauce
4 cupsshredded cabbage, divided
3 tablesp.kraft grated parmesan cheese
How to Make Ground Beef and Cabbage Casserole
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef; drain off the excess grease.
- Add beef back to the skillet, then add the onion, garlic, salt & pepper, and the red pepper flakes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir and heat the tomato/beef mixture, over low heat.
- At this point, set the oven temp to 350 degrees.
- Spray the inside of a 2-1/2 quart casserole baking dish, with a no-stick cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cabbage to the casserole baking dish.
- Add half of the tomato/beef mixture, over the shredded cabbage.
- Repeat layer of cabbage and tomato/beef mixture.
- Sprinkle casserole with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover, and bake in oven for 45 minutes.