Fiery Squash Chili
Nutrients per cup
6 g. protein
1 g. fat
28 g carbs
7 g. fibre
1 cchopped onion
1 can(s)28-oz (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
1 can(s)398 ml (14 oz) can tomato sauce
1 Tbspchili powder (less if you don't like heat)
1 tspeach of cinnamon and dried oregano leaves
1/2 tspeach of cayenne and allspice
3 clovegarlic, minced
4 ccoarsely chopped squash or cubed sweet potato
2yellow or green peppers, chopped
1 can(s)19 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cfrozen corn or peas
1 cchopped fresh cilantro or parsley or spinach
·low fat sour cream (optional)
How to Make Fiery Squash Chili
- In a large, wide saucepan sweat onion in 1 Tablespoon of oil until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes with tomato sauce, spices and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then stir in squash. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered and stirring occasionally, until squash is tender, about 30 min.
- Stir in peppers, beans and frozen corn. Boil, then reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until peppers are soft, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Stir in cilantro and spoon into bowls. Top with sour cream.