Egg Fried Rice
Chicken goes well in this, or tender meats - you don't want to have something chewy. That last half cup of green beans, the single stalk of celery - this will use all of them up.
2 ccooked brown rice
2 Tbspolive oil
1 bunchgreen onions
3-4carrots, sliced diagonally
3 cmixed leftover veggies
1 Tbspgood soy sauce (tamari or kikkoman)
How to Make Egg Fried Rice
- Beat the eggs until well blended. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet and add the olive oil. Immediately add the sliced carrots.
- Stir-fry (stir it around with a wooden spoon while it cooks) for a minute.
- Make a hole in the center, and add the green onions and garlic chives. Stir fry another minute.
- Make another hole, add some olive oil, and add 1 cup of the leftovers. (Can be veggies, meat, etc.)
Repeat until they are all in the skillet.
- Add the rice, and mix until well blended.
- Make a large hole in the center, add olive oil, and pour in the eggs. Do NOT touch them for a minute - you want them to start to set.
- Using the wooden spoon (or chopsticks) drag the egg through the rice. You will see streaks of egg.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce while the egg finishes cooking. Serve hot.