Egg Fried Rice
Chicken goes well in this, or tender meats - you don't want to have something chewy. That last half cup of green beans, the single stalk of celery - this will use all of them up.
- 2 c
- cooked brown rice
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 bunch
- green onions
- 3-4 clove
- carrots, sliced diagonally
- 3 c
- mixed leftover veggies
- 3 large
- 1 Tbsp
- good soy sauce (tamari or kikkoman)
How to Make Egg Fried Rice
- 1Beat the eggs until well blended. Set aside.
- 2Heat a skillet and add the olive oil. Immediately add the sliced carrots.
- 3Stir-fry (stir it around with a wooden spoon while it cooks) for a minute.
- 4Make a hole in the center, and add the green onions and garlic chives. Stir fry another minute.
- 5Make another hole, add some olive oil, and add 1 cup of the leftovers. (Can be veggies, meat, etc.)
Repeat until they are all in the skillet.
- 6Add the rice, and mix until well blended.
- 7Make a large hole in the center, add olive oil, and pour in the eggs. Do NOT touch them for a minute - you want them to start to set.
- 8Using the wooden spoon (or chopsticks) drag the egg through the rice. You will see streaks of egg.
- 9Sprinkle with soy sauce while the egg finishes cooking. Serve hot.