Czech Šunkafleky (Ham & Noodles)
- 1 lb
- ground leftover baked ham
- 1 lb
- box of noodles, either wide, elbow or your choice of a noodle with substance, not spaghetti type
- 1/8 lb
- butter or margarine
- 3-4 dash(es)
- onion powder (not onion salt)
- 5 dash(es)
- ground black pepper
How to Make Czech Šunkafleky (Ham & Noodles)
- 1After baking a ham I grind the leftovers and freeze in 1 pound packs. Defrost 1 pound in microwave for this and keep warm. Do not heat in pot or it will dry out.
- 2Cook the noodles in a dutch oven per package directions for al dente and drain in colandar. Put noodles back in pot.
- 3Cut the butter up on top of the noodles and toss until melted and mixed well without breaking up the noodles.
- 4Add the heated ground ham to the noodles, sprinkling onion powder and ground black pepper to taste on top and toss.
- 5Serve in bowls..depending on the size of the bowl, you can feed a nice size family with this or have it for more than one meal.