Czech Šunkafleky (Ham & Noodles)
1 lbground leftover baked ham
1 lbbox of noodles, either wide, elbow or your choice of a noodle with substance, not spaghetti type
1/8 lbbutter or margarine
3-4 dash(es)onion powder (not onion salt)
5 dash(es)ground black pepper
How to Make Czech Šunkafleky (Ham & Noodles)
- After baking a ham I grind the leftovers and freeze in 1 pound packs. Defrost 1 pound in microwave for this and keep warm. Do not heat in pot or it will dry out.
- Cook the noodles in a dutch oven per package directions for al dente and drain in colandar. Put noodles back in pot.
- Cut the butter up on top of the noodles and toss until melted and mixed well without breaking up the noodles.
- Add the heated ground ham to the noodles, sprinkling onion powder and ground black pepper to taste on top and toss.
- Serve in bowls..depending on the size of the bowl, you can feed a nice size family with this or have it for more than one meal.