1 mediumonion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, finely chopped
1/4 colive oil
8 ozmushrooms, thinly sliced
2 mediumtomatoes, diced
1 csalted peanuts
1 1/2 csoft beard crumbs
2 Tbspsnipped parsley
1/2 tsporegano, dried
2/3 cgrated parmesan
How to Make Cheese-Stuffed Eggplant
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Cube enough eggplant from the shells to measure about 4 cups. Leave a 1/2 inch wall on sides and bottom of the shells.Reserve the shells,
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the eggplant cubes, onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Lower heat to low. Add remaining ingredients except the cheese. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place eggplant shells in an ungreased, shallow baking pan.
- Spoon eggplant mixture evenly into the 4 shells. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over each.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes until eggplant is tender.