Bean & Sausage Stew
No additional spices needed as the tomatoes and sausages are pre-seasoned.
I served with Tabasco sauce to give it a little kick.
1 can(s)black beans, low sodium
1 can(s)pinto beans, low sodium
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chili & spices
1 pkgcooked chicken sausage, gourmet
2carrots, chopped into small pieces
1 craw, chopped collard greens
1/2 craw, sliced mushrooms
1/2 largeyellow onion, chopped
5 cloveraw garlic, chopped
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Bean & Sausage Stew
- On medium-high heat, Saute carrots in oil for about 5 minutes
- Add onions and chopped garlic and saute for another 5 to 8 minutes
- Add chicken sausage and saute for another 5 to 8 minutes until onion is translucent and carrots are slightly soft.
- Add in cans of beans and tomatoes, stir well, cover and bring to slow boil.
- Add in collard greens and mushrooms, stir well, cover and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes until greens are cooked to preference.