2 lbground beef, extra lean
1 conion, chopped
1 cbell pepper, chopped
2 can(s)tomato sauce
·bread crumbs, enough to bind
2 largeeggs, raw
·salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Mother-In-Law's Meatloaf
- In large bowl, put beef, egg, 1 can tomato sauce, bread crumbs and salt & pepper.
- Mix with hands until combined. Set aside.
- In medium fry pan melt 2 T butter and cook onions & peppers until soft.
- Add onions & peppers to meat mixture. Mix until completely combined. Mixture should not be very wet but not dry either.
- Put meat mixture into non-stick loaf pans. This makes 2 loaves. Cover each loaf with 1/2 a can tomato sauce.
- Bake @ 350 F. for 1 hour or until meat is well done.