California Tuna Parmesan
I love the look of this salad which is perfect for a lite lunch or meal.
·1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
·1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
·1/4 teaspoon salt
·12 ounces asparagus, trimmed
·4 - 4 ounces fresh tuna steaks
·1 5 ounce package mixed baby greens
·1/3 cup finely shaved parmesan cheese
·*** bake 8 minutes at 450
·****cook 4 to 6 minutes
·**** start to finish is 20 minutes.
How to Make California Tuna Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Finely shred 2 teaspoons peel from one lemon. Squeeze juice from lemon. For dressing, in small bowl whisk together oil, lemon peel and juice, pepper, and salt; set aside. Cut remaining lemon in wedges; set aside.
- 2. Place asparagus in single layer in shallow baking pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing. Bake, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- 3.Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon dressing in large skillet. Add tuna; cook 4 to 6 minutes each side, until browned and center is slightly pink.
- 4.Divide greens among 4 plates; top with tuna and asparagus. Drizzle remaining dressing. Sprinkle Parmesan; pass lemon wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- ******Nutrition Facts (California Tuna Parmesan)
Per serving: 377 kcal cal., 26 g fat (5 g sat. fat, 4 g polyunsaturated fat, 16 g monounsatured fat), 48 mg chol., 312 mg sodium, 9 g carb., 4 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 31 g pro.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet