☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
2 1/2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/4 tspfreshly ground pepper
1/4 cflat leaf parsley, chopped
6thick cod fillets (4-5 oz. each)
How to Make Poached Cod with Lemon Parsley Sauce
- Combine everything but cod in bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan, then gently lower the cod into the water (one fillet at a time) and bring the water back to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and poach the fillets in barely simmering water for 3-4 minutes (they will be just cooked through).
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the fish from the pan, drain, and place one fillet on each of 6 warmed dinner plates. Gently press the fish with a spatula or fork in order to make it separate just a little on the grain of the fillet.
- Add 2 T of the hot poaching liquid to the lemon juice mixture, slightly beat and spoon the sauce over the fillets. Serve.