Pesce Spada in Padella Alla Senape
This is a lovely alternative that even my picky husband will eat. Another treat from Umberto Menghi's Seafood Cookbook.
4swordfish fillets, fresh
1/2teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
3tablespoons stone ground mustard
1/4cup flour, all purpose
1/4cup peanut oil
1/4cup white wine, dry
1/4cup chicken stock
2tablespoons stone ground mustard
2tablespoons whipping cream
1tablespoon parsley, fresh, finely chopped
How to Make Pesce Spada in Padella Alla Senape
- Rinse the fish under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the swordfish with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with lemon juice, rub with the mustard and then dust with the flour.
- Fry the swordfish in oil for 6 - 7 minutes per side, (as per your preference) do not overcook.
- Remove fish from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Drain oil from the pan, add the white wine and chicken stock, mix together bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Next add the mustard, blend and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and butter, blend and simmer for 1 minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the fish, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.