- 2-3 lb
- salmon fillets about one inch thick
- 1/2 c
- olive oil, light
- 1/3 c
- salt and maple syruppepper to taste.
- juice and zest of 1/2 small ornge
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- good bourbon
How to Make Grilled Salmon Fillets With a Maple-Bourbon Glaze
- 1Prepair your grill for indirect heat. You will be grilling on the cooler side.. You want med heat.
Coals on one side of the grill.
- 2Check Salmon for any small or fine bones and remove them.. Brush fillets with olive oil on all sides, Or tuna, or any thick white fish.. Add a little salt and pepper.. Lay fillet on grill grate away from the direct heat. You will be grilling the fish for about 20-25 minutes Or until salmon is opaque. (If using white fish you will cook it for 15-20 minutes or until fish starts to flake.)
- 3Will fish is grilling, in a small bowl mix lemon juice, orange zest and juice, Maple syrup, and bourbon and a pinch of salt & pepper. Mix together. This will be for the glaze..
- 4Brush the glaze on the fillets the last ten minutes of cooking. Do not turn the fish over wile cooking.. Carefully lift fish off the grill using a fish spatula (Or a very wide one). Transfer to plates. I serve this with rice or broccoli..