Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
Daily Inspiration S
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning (1 1/4 oz)
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic oil (or olive oil)
- boneless, skinless tilapia fillet (about 4.25 oz. each)
- 1/2 medium
- 1/4 small
- red onion
- serrano pepper (or jalapeno if you wish to have less heat)
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro
- 1/8 tsp
- lime, zested and juiced
How to Make Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
- 1Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. As pan heats, peel pineapple half; cut lengthwise into two pieces and remove core. Slice each pineapple piece lengthwise into strips. Arrange strips in a single layer over grill pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear. Set aside.
- 2While pineapple cooks, chop onion and cut pepper in half lengthwise, removing and discarding seeds. Chop chile and cilantro. Combine onion, pepper, cilantro and salt in a small bowl. Zest the lime to measure 1 tsp. zest and juice lime to measure 1 tbsp. juice. Add both to onion mixture and mix well.
- 3Whisk taco seasoning mix and oil in a bowl. Add tilapia; turn to coat. Place two tilapia fillets on grill pan. Cook 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn tilapia over; cook 2 minutes or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork. Remove tilapia from pan. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining fillets.
- 4As tilapia cooks, chop pineapple and add to onion mixture; mix well. Top tilapia with pineapple salsa.