Bistecca D' Ippogloss Alla Genovese
This is one of my husbands favorite dishes by Umberto.
The halibut is the star in this dish.
4halibut steaks, fresh
1/2teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1/4cup flour, all purpose
1/4cup white wine, dry
1/2cup whipping cream
4tablespoons basil, fresh, finely chopped
2tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
2tablespoons capers, drained
1/4teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
2tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped, garnish
How to Make Bistecca D' Ippogloss Alla Genovese
- Rinse the halibut and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and dust with the flour.
- Fry the steaks in butter for 4 - 5 minutes per side until golden brown, then remove and place on platter, set aside and keep warm.
- De-glaze the pan with the white wine, add the lemon juice and mix in, then add the cream and mix it in also, simmer for 3 minutes.
- Next add the basil, parsley and capers, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the halibut and sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.