Baked Cod fish with Tomato Cheese sauce and Bacon
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 ccooked wild rice
9 ozfrozen chopped spianch, thawed and squeezed to drain
2cod fish fillets, 4 oz each
2 tspwhite wine
1 Tbspolive oil
2 tspolive oil
1small tomato, about 4 oz
1/2 cshredded mild cheddar cheese
1 Tbspsoy sauce
1/4 tspdried oregano leaves
4 Tbsppanko (japanese bread crumbs)
·salt and pepper
How to Make Baked Cod fish with Tomato Cheese sauce and Bacon
- Chop tomato and bacon.
- Rinse cod fish fillets with cold water and pad dry with paper towels. Cut each fillet into little bit bigger than bit size and put into a shallow bowl with white wine. Add salt and black pepper to season. Set aside.
- Make tomato cheese sauce. In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano leaves and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Make crumble. In another bowl, mix together panko, bacon and wild rice.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté spinach over medium heat for about 1 minute then put into each serving ramekin (10-12 oz each) equally. Place cod fish equally with the liquid remaining in the bowl on the spinach. Put the tomato cheese sauce on the fish and sprinkle crumble. Sprinkle black pepper to season (as much as you prefer) and pour the olive oil (1 teaspoon for each) over the top.
- Bake in preheated 400 degrees F oven for 15-20 minutes until fish are cooked through and crumbles are golden brown and crisp.