Ahi Tuna,Organic Salad & Garlic,Wasabi Vinaigrette
- ahi tuna steaks, 6 ounces each
- 7 spice seasoning
- montreal steak seasoning
- handfuls of organic baby spring salad mix
- baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- large red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- wasabi paste
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
- pam cooking spray
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
FOR TUNA STEAKS
FOR THE SAUTE PAN
How to Make Ahi Tuna,Organic Salad & Garlic,Wasabi Vinaigrette
- 1In a pint mason jar add the ingredients for the dressing. Place the lid back on tightly and shake very well. Taste and then adjust seasoning if you need to. Place in the fridge to let the flavors mingle while prepping dinner.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Lay the tuna steaks on a plate or cutting board. Working on one side at a time coat well with the 7 Spice seasoning and the Montreal steak seasoning. Flip them over seasoning the 2nd side the same way and let marinate.
- 4Take a saute pan that is safe to go into the oven and lightly coat it with Pam and the olive oil. Place it on your stove top and let the oil heat up. Slowly place the seasoned tuna steaks into the saute pan.
- 5Cook for about 4 minutes or until you have a nice browning and then gently turn them over to brown the 2nd side.
- 6If you like your tuna raw in the middle you will stop your cooking process now. We like ours cooked so once the 2nd side is browned nicely you will then place the whole saute pan into the oven to finish the cooking process.
- 7While the tuna steaks are in the oven assemble your salad. Toss lightly with the dressing using as much of the vinaigrette as you desire. Set aside.
- 8Once the tuna steaks are cooked to your liking remove them from the saute pan to a cutting board and gently slice them in into strips.
- 9On your plate place a nice mound of the salad remembering to make it appealing to the eyes as well. Gently using the knife you cut the tuna steak with slowly slide it under the whole steak and lift it up placing it on the top of the mound of salad.
- 10Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did it was a amazing dinner for us. ;)