Yep, It's Spicy Glazed Chicken
It spurred me to try my own favorite seasonings on this lovely glazed chicken.
You will be pleasantly surprised, this dish is definitely company worthy.
- chicken, roasted (whole or pieces)
- cup honey, liquid wildflower
- cup sherry wine, good quality
- tablespoon lemon juice, meyer
- tablespoon soya sauce, dark
- tablespoon mirin
- tablespoons garlic chives, finely chopped
- tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- shallot, finely minced
- teaspoons ginger, pureed, fresh
- teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- teaspoon red pepper flakes
- teaspoon potato flour
- scallions, thinly sliced (garnish)
- cups rice, cooked
How to Make Yep, It's Spicy Glazed Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place previously cooked chicken, in an oven proof dish.
- 3Combine the honey with the sherry in pan, on low and heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- 4Next add the lemon juice, soya sauce and Mirin to the honey mixture and blend well.
- 5Now add the chives, garlic, shallot, ginger, salt, pepper flakes and potato flour to the honey and sherry, stirring until mixture boils and starts to thicken.
- 6Pour the glaze over the chicken and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes.
- 7Serve on a bed of rice.