Turkey or Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups with sun-dried.
How to Make Turkey or Chicken Lasagna Roll-ups with sun-dried.
- Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Lasagna Rolls with Sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
14 oz Turkey
1/2 tsp Chile flakes, dried
2 cloves Garlic
1 1/2 cups Spinach, packed fresh
1/2 cup Sundried tomatoes
1 Yellow onion, small
2 1/4 cups Tomato sauce
Pasta & Grains
12 Lasagna noodles, whole wheat
1/2 tsp Black pepper, freshly ground
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg, ground
12 oz Cottage cheese, low-fat
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook until just tender. Drain the noodles, gently rinse with cold water and lay on a kitchen towels, separated from each other.
For the filling, heat olive oil in a large frying pan set over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for additional 30 seconds.
- Add the diced turkey (or chicken) and heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
Stir in spinach and sundried tomatoes until combined, and allow the mixture to cool.
Place the cottage cheese in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Stir the cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, dried chile flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper into the turkey mixture.
- Lay a few lasagna noodles on a cutting board. Spread 3 heaping tablespoons of the turkey mixture along each noodle. Starting at one short end, tightly roll up the lasagna noodle and filling.
Prepare a 9- by 13-inch baking pan by spreading 1 cup tomato sauce on the bottom. Arrange the lasagna rolls, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining lasagna noodles and filling.
- Spread additional 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce on top, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.