Sweet Pork/ Chicken Rub
1/2 bag(s)light brown sugar
2 Tbsplawry's seasoned salt
3 Tbspweber sweet'n tangy bbq seasoning
1/2 tspground red pepper
2 tsprestaurant ground black pepper
1-2 tspgarlic powder
1-2 tsponion powder
2 tspcoarse sea salt
2 tspsmoked paprika
How to Make Sweet Pork/ Chicken Rub
- Break out a re-sealable dish... I usually do margarine tubs because the size is perfect!
- Combine ALL ingredients. All ingredients can be altered for individual tastes. The type of ingredient should not be changed though!
- Rub onto pork butts, steaks, chops, whatever or do chicken or turkey... all delish with this rub... however, do not use it on red meat! It is not good at all on red meat!
PACK IT ON!!! It makes an awesome crust when it has a nice layer of the rub on!
- Grill, Sear, Smoke, Bake as usual. This is especially wonderful on smoked pork, but I have used it in many capacities and it has turned out well... except on red meat... don't get me started on red meat!
- Whatever you don't use (as long as it hasn't touched the meat or your bloody hand that handled/rubbed the meat) seal in the container and put in your pantry for later use! Don't refrigerate this, it clumps and those clumps are the bane of existence! I recommend dumping what you think you will need for the meat on top of the meat, and then just patting it on, both sides. This keeps the leftover rub from becoming contaminated! I hope you enjoy!