Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
10boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
1/2 - 3/4 csugar or brown sugar (to taste)
1/2 csoy sauce, low sodium
1/4 capple cider vinegar
3/4 tspground ginger
1 tspgarlic, minced
4 tspcorn starch
4 tspcold water
·cooked white rice
·green onions for garnish
How to Make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Place chicken in crock pot on low heat.
Combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper in a bowl. Mix well and pour over the chicken.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and carefully ladle the reserved liquid from the slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Combine cornstarch and water until smooth and gradually stir into saucepan until it is thick.
- Put chicken back into the slow cooker and pour liquid over chicken to keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve with white rice and garnish with sliced green onions if desired. Enjoy!
- OVEN ROASTED DIRECTIONS
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking
dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.