2cut up chickens
1/4cup of coarse salt
1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4cup of lemon juice
1teaspoon of dried oregano
·salt and pepper to taste
4cloves of smashed or chopped garlic (your preference)
How to Make Sicilian Style Lemon Roast Chicken
- Soak your chicken in water and salt for at least 30 minutes. Rinse well, dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Place your olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk really well to mix. Add your garlic and mix vigorously.
- Layer your chicken in a glass bowl and pour the marinade on the top. Combine the chicken and marinade making sure that each piece is coated well with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours. If you can let it go overnight, do so, it will only make the chicken more delicious.
- When ready to cook, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Remove your chicken from the marinade an place in a roasting pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Baste your chicken with the marinade as it bakes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from pan and pour pan juices into a pan with the remaining marinade. Heat over medium heat. Simmer for a few minutes, add a little water. Bring to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Place your chicken in a single layer on a large platter. Spoon the sauce over the chicken. If desired, you can add some thinly sliced fresh lemon to garnish.