Shake n Bake Cordon Blue Chicken Breast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 bag(s)shake n bake for chicken
2chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 Tbspchopped green onions
1/2 cblue cheese crumbles
4 sliceprosciutto or thin sliced ham
1/4 cmushrooms, chopped fine
2eggs, beaten well
1/2 tspblack pepper
2 Tbspbutter and olive oil, mixed
How to Make Shake n Bake Cordon Blue Chicken Breast
- Clean Chicken Breast in clear water....pat dry...Pound breast flat between wax paper, thin, being careful not to break up the meat.
- Put chicken aside. Chop up green onions and mushrooms into very small pieces...set aside. Place the oil and butter in a frying pan and bring up to heat. Satay the mixture until lightly cooked and tender...drain off the extra butter and sit aside.
- Lay chicken breast down flat on clean wax paper. Add two thin layers of ham on each breast. add the mushroom mixture and then add blue cheese to both of the breast. Roll up like a roll, being careful to stuff any ingredients back in the ends, tucking the ends in, so there is no leakage. Secure the Chicken roll with bakers string or metal skewers. Set aside.
- In a med size bowl, beat 2 eggs, very well. In a second bowl, add Shake n Bake. Dip each breast in beaten egg and then into Shake n Bake, making sure the breast are well coated...sit aside.
- Heat oil until hot....Add the breast and turn over, CAREFULLY, until lightly browned on both sides. Place the breast in a baking pan and cook in the oven at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until the chicken reaches 180 degrees in the center. Serve hot being sure to remove the baking string and/or skewers.