Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast
- cooked, skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- corn tortillas
- 1 can(s)
- 28 oz can la victoria chile verde enchilada sauce
- 10 oz
- queso fresco
- 1/2 c
- half and half
- 1/2 c
- fat free milk
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- regular salsa
- 4 c
- salt and pepper
How to Make Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 1Put buttermilk large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste stir. Place uncooked chicken in bowl. Poke breast and thigh with a knife. Let soak for 1 hour and a half turning 3 or 4 times.
- 2After chicken has soaked dump all into a stock pot and add water. Bring to a boil and boil until cooked.
- 3Combine half and half with fat free milk in large bowl. Mix in Salsa Verde. Put 1 cup in a small bowl and add the regular salsa and set aside. With remaining mix in large bowl crumble 6 ounces queso fresco. Save remaining queso fresco for garnish.
- 4Remove cooked chicken to a cutting board. Cut and shred. Let rest for 20 minutes. Then add to Salsa Verde and Queso fresco mixture.
- 5Heat half of the tortillas (placed in a plastic bag) in the microwave for 2 minutes. Meanwhile spray 2 8X12 baking dishes with Pam. Use 1/2 of the salsa verde and salsa and spread in the bottom of both pans.
- 6Put about 2 tbls. of Chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll up. Place in pan with seams down. Repeat until all tortillas are gone. Heat the other half of the tortillas and repeat stuffing and rolling.
- 7Spoon salsa verde and salsa mixture over both pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with queso fresco and bake another 5 minutes.