☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- short crust pastry ( 2 pie crusts)
- 1 lb
- breast meat chicken or hen cut in strips
- 16 slice
- 2 large
- onions finely chopped
- 1 qt
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 stick
- 1 large
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
How to Make ROOK PIE or Pastai Cwningen when made with rabbit
- 1Make crust by mixing all in gredients i n astand mixer or food processor until a smooth dough is achieved.
- 2Divide in half and roll out 2 crusts
- 3Line deep dish pie dish with one pastry crust. Layer fowl and bacon in layers. Sprinkle with chopped onions.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and poultry seasoning. Add cream to cover
- 5Cover with second crust and Bake 1 1/2 hours at 350*F. Serve with boiled carrots potatoes and rutabaga mashed with salt and pepper, butter, a splash of milk and a dash of garlic.