4boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cfinely ground shelled pistachios
2 tspextra virgin olive oil
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspfinely ground black pepper
1 Tbspminced garlic or garlic powder
How to Make Pistachio Encrusted Baked Chicken
- Pre Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Grind up the shelled pistachios using either a mini food processor or coffee grinder. The traditional recipe is to use 1/2 cup but you're using this to coat the chicken, so really use as much as you need.
- Add pepper, paprika, garlic salt and salt to the ground up pistachio mix and place in a pie plate or shallow dish for dredging.
- If you use minced garlic, use it in the pan with the Olive Oil and omit Garlic Salt
- Wet chicken with a little water and then dredge each breast, one at a time, in the pistachio mix.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Once the oil is heated, add the chicken breasts one at a time and cook 2 minutes per side.
What you are doing here is forming the pistachio crust on the chicken.
- When each breast is done, place them in a ungreased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer, inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees or juices run clear.
- You can make an additional gravy by saving the skillet pan drippings and adding milk, flour or gravy mix, salt and pepper to taste to make a very savory gravy to pour over potatoes or cooked rice.