Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
Andy Anderson !
I' don't remember where the base for the recipe came from, but it sure it yummy.
So, you ready... Let's get into the kitchen.
FOR THE MARINADE
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 tsppaprika, sweet mild
1/2 tspground cumin
3 Tbsplemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspsalt, table variety
2good size chicken breasts, bone in, and skin removed
1/2 tspsalt, kosher variety
1/2 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
1/2 chomemade bbq sauce, or use bottled, i prefer stubbs
How to Make Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a small saucepan, and bring to a slow simmer, over low heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to a bowl, pour the marinade over them, and turn several times, to completely coat.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, bone side down.
If you use a glass baking dish, like I do, you can skip the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the kosher salt, and the freshly ground black pepper (top side only).
- Place in the oven and allow the chicken to bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The chicken should be about half cooked at this point.
- Chef’s Tip: The main reason chicken dries out, is that it is cooked too long. To get this right, you will need a temperature probe. Each time you baste the chicken, insert the temperature probe into the fattest part of the breast. When it hits 160f (71c), remove from the oven, tent and allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 8 minutes. During that time, it will continue to cook, and the temperature should rise to 165f (74c), which is the ideal temperature for cooked chicken. If it goes higher, it will begin to dry out quickly, so watch that temp.