Mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 Tbspchopped chives
1 Tbspchopped parsley
1/2garlic clove (minced)
1/2 cgrated mozzarella cheese
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 cchicken broth
1/2 tsponion powder
How to Make Mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the minced garlic, chives, parsley, salt and pepper. Cover with grated cheese.
- Roll up and secure with toothpicks so stuffing doesn't fall out.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan. Cook the chicken breasts, turning them, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove and place into a casserole dish
- Stir flour into the leftover drippings until smooth. Remove from heat and add sherry, onion powder and chicken broth. Place back on burner. Bring to a boil on medium heat stirring until slightly thickened. Pour over chicken. Cover the dish and place into a heated oven. Bake 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and careful remove the toothpicks, a clean pair of needle nose pliers work well. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Can put chicken on top of mashed potatoes and then pour the sauce on. Serve.