Mom's Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
3 ccooked, chopped chicken
16 ozjar of 505 southwestern roasted green chiles (can be found at walmart or albertson's) or 1 4-oz can chopped green chilies (preferably hatch) plus 1 7-oz can green chili salsa
2 1/2 cheavy cream
4 cgrated monterey jack cheese (or more - lots of cheese is always better!)
How to Make Mom's Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken and green chiles together.
- Drizzle some of the heavy cream in the bottom of a greased 13x9x2-inch pan. Layer 6 corn tortillas over the cream. Layer half of the chicken/green chile mixture over the tortillas. Sprinkle some salt over the chicken. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the chicken.
- Layer 6 more tortillas over the cheese. Pour 1/2 of the remaining cream over the tortillas. Layer the remaining chicken/green chile mixture over the cream. Sprinkle some salt over the chicken. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the chicken.
- Layer the last 6 tortillas over the cheese. Pour the remaining cream over the tortillas. Sprinkle some salt over the cream. Finally, sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cheese over the cream.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 35 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly brown and the chicken and cream is bubbly.
- Let the enchilada casserole sit for 10 minutes prior to cutting. Get ready to enjoy something incredible!