1fryer chicken (cut up)
·cooking oil, enough to fill a large frying pan 1/2 inch
1 call purpose four (add more if needed to coat chicken)
3 Tbspold bay seasoning
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Melissa's Old Fashioned Fried Chicken
- Combine flour, old bay, salt and pepper in a large zip.lock bag, close bag and shake until ingredients are mixed.
- Drop in chicken pieces, seal bag and shake until pieces are evenly coated.
(Alternately, you may also combine dry ingredients with a fork in a pie plate or a similar shallow container, and dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture to coat.)
- Heat oil in frying pan over high heat until a drop of water sizzles.Take chicken pieces and place them in the pan, skin side down. COVER, reduce heat to Med./High and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid, turn chicken over and cook for 15 more minutes. (if chicken is not browning enough increase heat to High for last 15 minutes)
- When chicken is done, drain on paper towels. Serve immediately or keep warm in 190 degree oven.