Mediterranean Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
Serve this over rice and a loaf of french bread.
- chicken leg quarters
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1 small
- 1/2 c
- pimiento-stuffed spanish olives, halved
- 1/2 c
- pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp
- jarred minced garlic
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5-ozs) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 3 oz
- feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
How to Make Mediterranean Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
- 1Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to a 5 quart slow cooker, discarding drippings.
- 2Grate zest, and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon respectively. Stir together lemon zest, lemon juice, olives, and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW 3 hours or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle chicken with cheese, if desired.