This is a version of "Orange Chicken", except I didn't want the breading on the chicken. It's easily modified to be breaded like the traditional orange chicken, and I will give those instructions at the end of the ingredients list. Otherwise, keep it healthy and use the original directions, you'll love it and not really miss all that breading!
11. Cut chicken breasts into 1" cubes. Season with salt and pepper on all sides.
2. Heat a non stick skillet to high/medium high (or any pan you trust an egg not to stick to)
3. Add the olive oil and as soon as it gets hot, toss in the seasoned chicken and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until there is no pink in the chicken. You want it to have a nice browning on all sides.
4. Add the green and red peppers and sautee approximately 2 minutes, letting the peppers get some blackened sides.
25. Add 2 cups of orange sauce and as soon as it is all combined, remove from heat and add the sliced scallions. Squeeze the juice of the mandarin orange over all. (this really kicks it up!)
3NOTE: FOR BREADED VERSION ONLY:
1. Toss seasoned chicken in cornstarch, then egg mixture, then panko crumbs. 2. Fry chicken in oil until browned and crispy (do not overcook, this will take only about 4-5 minutes on medium/medium high heat). Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Continue with sauteeing the vegetables in 2 tsp olive oil over high heat then add the cooked chicken back to the pan before adding the orange sauce.
4I serve this aside my lowfat version of fried rice :)