Mama's Chicken Pie
1whole chicken or 3 large boneless breasts
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
1 1/2soup cans of chicken broth (using the cream of chicken soup can)
2frozen 9" pie crust, thawed
How to Make Mama's Chicken Pie
- Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook thoroughly. Remove the chicken (save the cooking liquid), let cool and then chop up the meat.
- In a mixing bowl stir together the soup, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir in the chicken, combine well.
- Lightly spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon half of the chicken mixture into the bottom and spread around.
- Then cover the mixture with a layer of the pie strips. Dot the strips with 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove and spoon the remaining chicken mixture over the top.
- Then place the remaining pie crust strips. Again, dot with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Return to the oven for an additional 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let sit 5 minutes before serving.