MAGGIE'S COLD CURRIED CHICKEN
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbchicken (pre-cooked and cooled)
1 Tbspcurry powder
1/2 cchicken stock
1 tsptomato paste
·juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tbspsweet chutney
3 Tbspheavy cream
How to Make MAGGIE'S COLD CURRIED CHICKEN
- Prepare and cool 3 pounds of boned chicken meat. (Make sure it isn't dried out.) Set aside.
- Heat oil (I use coconut) in saucepan. Peel and chop onion, sauté in oil gently. Stir in curry powder to heat just until it "blooms" (brings out the scent/flavor.)
- Stir in the chicken stock. Add and stir in the tomato paste, lemon juice, and sweet chutney. Continue stirring gently to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine mayonnaise and heavy cream then add to cooled sauce mixture. Mix together with prepared chicken. Chill.
- For best presentation: Place in deep dish, garnish with parsley, and serve with Saffron rice.