Linda's One Pot Flavorful Chicken, Vegis and Rice
My son went back for 2nds on the rice too! He says this was bangin good and I have to cook this again!
- 1-2 lb
- 4 pcs chicken (your choice white or dark)
- 32 oz
- organic chicken stock
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 stalk(s)
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, baby bellas
- 1 stalk(s)
- brocolli (flourettes only)
- 1 c
- green cabbage, shredded
- 2 tsp
- ginger, ground
- 2 tsp
- cumin, ground
- tropical sasson(i used about 2 tbsp), salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 c
- rice (i used jasmine)
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil (for browning chicken)
How to Make Linda's One Pot Flavorful Chicken, Vegis and Rice
- 1In a good sized dutch oven, on medium, heat pan with 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Once melted and heated up add your diced garlic and then your chicken with skin on, Tropical Sasson and salt and pepper. Brown chicken lightly to seal in flavor.
- 2Once chicken is browned lightly, add your brocolli, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, chicken stock, ground ginger and Cumin. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 3When stock boils add your rice, bring back to a boil and stir for 5 minutes. Turn heat to simmer, cover and let pot simmer covered and untouched for 20 minutes.
Serve with some French bread and Salad! YUM!!!