Linda's Hot Lemon-Herb Chicken Wings
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh my... these are really good wings. I loved the hot lemon flavor. I dipped them twice to have medium heat and it was just right for the Test Kitchen tasters. Yum-my! The Test Kitchen
- 12 - 24
- chicken wings, fresh or frozen (if frozen be sure wings are thawed)
- 2 c
- red hot sauce
- 1 c
- lemon juice
- 1 c
- oil (i use coconut oil)
- 2 tsp
- basil, fresh
- 1 tsp
- onion powder or 1 small onion minced fine
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder or 1 clove garlic minced fine
HOT LEMON HERB SAUCE
NOTE: COOK TIME INCLUDES THE DEEP FRYING OF CHICKEN WINGS
ADDITIONAL NOTE ADDED 1/3/16: FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A SMOKER... TRY SMOKING THE WINGS FIRST INSTEAD..OMG TALK ABOUT YUMMY!!!
How to Make Linda's Hot Lemon-Herb Chicken Wings
- 1Cook wings by deep frying at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees also.
Take a cookie sheet and line it with parchment paper
- 2Mix all ingredients above in a medium sized bowl.
As wings finish deep frying, Place about 6 wings in the sauce, stir around a bit and spoon out to lay on the cookie sheet with parchment paper in a single layer. They can be as close together as you like.
- 3NOTE: Depending on HOW HOT that you want your wings... keep in mind the following:
Dip once for mild
Dip twice for medium
Dip 3 or more times for HOT
- 4Once you are finished deep frying your wings and all the wings are on your cookie sheet, you can spoon additional sauce over the wings on the cookie sheet and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes.