"I don't care" Chicken
So I always the staples for this recipe on hand because they are every day staples in my cooking cabinet.
I also serve this with brown rice and my family (the boys) like to use the sauce as a gravy "saying it is too good to waste".
- 4 - 6
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (thighs can be used)
- 1 large
- onion (white, yellow, red ~ your choice)
- 8 oz
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 c
- shredded carrots (optional)
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic, minced
- 1 bottle
- fat free zesty italian dressing
- 4 - 6 dash(es)
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 - 3 dash(es)
- liquid smoke flavoring (mesquite)
- 1 - 2
- bay leaves (fresh or dried)
How to Make "I don't care" Chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Take a 9 x 13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Have a piece of aluminum foil ready to cover your baking dish also sprayed with cooking spray.
- 2Slice your onion ... I cut mine in half and then slice ... just throw the half slices all over the bottom of the dish (onions become a bed so that the chicken does not stick to the dish), add mushrooms and carrots.
- 3Take the Zesty Italian Dressing pour 3 or 4 Tbsp into baking dish. Then add the minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke to the dressing. Shake it all up together and mix well.
- 4Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts and place on top of onions in the baking dish. Place your bay leaves in the dish. Pour the Zesty Italian Dressing mixture over the top of the Chicken.
- 5Take your aluminum foil and cover your baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts ... you can substitute thighs if you prefer.