How to Make Deli-style Lunchmeat
This method compacts the meat as it cools down and makes it more dense for optimal slicing... just like you get in the deli! And it's healthier, since there are no added fillers, nitrates, etc. that deli meats can have. It's your cooking and you know what's in it.
How to Make How to Make Deli-style Lunchmeat
- * This needs to be done as soon as the meat is finished cooking, while still rather hot.
- Take the whole hunk of meat and wrap it tightly in the cheese cloth (or gauze), wrapping first in one direction, then in the other direction.
- Keep the cloth in place with the rubber bands, doubling the bands if needed to hold it firmly. Place several bands down the length of the meat, then again crosswise.
- Place on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Remove from the refrigerator and unwrap. Slice very thin on a good meat slicer.