Hearty Chicken Braised in Tomatoes, Onion & Garlic
Andy Anderson !
So, you ready... Let's get into the kitchen.
- chicken thighs, bone in, skin-on
- chicken breasts, bone in, skin on
- chicken legs, bone in, skin on
- chicken wings, bone in, skin on
- 2 tsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 5 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium
- onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 c
- chopped plum tomatoes, blanched and skinned
- 1 c
- chicken stock (not broth), homemade is best
- 2 sprig(s)
- fresh thyme
How to Make Hearty Chicken Braised in Tomatoes, Onion & Garlic
- 9Chef’s Tip: In the right light, when you look at oil that's at a good temperature for sautéing; nice and hot, but not yet smoking, it will shimmer. Shimmering oil is good for sautéing because it increases the chances that the food won't stick. Hot oil immediately seals the bottom of food, creating a natural barrier between it and the bottom of the pan.