GG's Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 stick
- large onion, chopped
- bell pepper, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 gal
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c
- 1-2 can(s)
How to Make GG's Chicken and Dumplings
- 1Melt butter in a large pot and saute onion, bell pepper, and celery until tender but not browned.
- 2Add chicken pieces and water; Cover and boil until chicken is tender and falls off bone. (about 1 hour)
- 3Remove chicken pieces and reserve one cup of the broth.
- 4Remove chicken from bones and add back to the pot.
- 5Gradually add the flour to the reserved broth, stirring until smooth; add back to the pot.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bring mixture to a simmer; cut desired amount of biscuits into quarters and add to the mixture; let simmer about 10 minutes or until biscuits are done.