GG's Chicken and Dumplings
1large onion, chopped
1bell pepper, chopped
4-5celery stalks, chopped
1whole chicken, cut into pieces
·salt and pepper
How to Make GG's Chicken and Dumplings
- Melt butter in a large pot and saute onion, bell pepper, and celery until tender but not browned.
- Add chicken pieces and water; Cover and boil until chicken is tender and falls off bone. (about 1 hour)
- Remove chicken pieces and reserve one cup of the broth.
- Remove chicken from bones and add back to the pot.
- Gradually add the flour to the reserved broth, stirring until smooth; add back to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture to a simmer; cut desired amount of biscuits into quarters and add to the mixture; let simmer about 10 minutes or until biscuits are done.