Ger's Favorite Chicken Bake
This dish is excellant served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
4chicken breasts, skinned,boned
1teaspoon garlic, roasted
1/2teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
2tablespoons olive oil
4green onions, thinly sliced
8mushrooms, large,thinly sliced
1/4cup green olives, large,sliced coarsley
1/2cup white wine, dry
1/2cup sour cream
1tablespoon tomato paste
1/2cup gruyere cheese, grated (may substitute swiss)
How to Make Ger's Favorite Chicken Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Combine flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper together and dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- In large pan, heat oil and brown the chicken.
- In a 9 x 13" pan arrange browned chicken breasts and sprinkle with onions, mushrooms, olives and lemon juice.
- In small bowl stir together wine, sour cream, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Lovely served with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and fresh baked dinner rolls.