Ger's Favorite Chicken Bake
This dish is excellant served with mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.
- chicken breasts, skinned,boned
- tablespoons flour
- teaspoon garlic, roasted
- teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- teaspoon paprika
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pepper
- tablespoons olive oil
- green onions, thinly sliced
- mushrooms, large,thinly sliced
- cup green olives, large,sliced coarsley
- cup white wine, dry
- cup sour cream
- tablespoon tomato paste
- lemon, juiced
- cup gruyere cheese, grated (may substitute swiss)
How to Make Ger's Favorite Chicken Bake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees, wash and dry chicken breasts.
- 2Combine flour, oregano, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper together and dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- 3Dust the chicken with the flour mixture.
- 4In large pan, heat oil and brown the chicken.
- 5In a 9 x 13" pan arrange browned chicken breasts and sprinkle with onions, mushrooms, olives and lemon juice.
- 6In small bowl stir together wine, sour cream, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour wine mixture over chicken.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- 9Add 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, uncovered.
- 10Lovely served with mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus and fresh baked dinner rolls.