EASEY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
1whole chicken or 4-6 pieces with skin on
1 stickmargarine or butter
4chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 tspcreole seasoning (i use tony's)
2-3 pkgflour tortillas ( i use 2 10 ct large)
·cold ( from faucet) water, as needed
How to Make EASEY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
- Put your chicken in a stock pot w/water
- add butter,chicken bouillon,and creole seasoning.
- bring to rolling boil. turn down to a soft boil and let cook for one hour. cover pot and cook another 30 min.
- you want a real rich broth, this is what makes good chicken and dumplings.
- when chicken is done remove from broth and remove skin and debone chicken. set aside
- cut flour tortillas into strips for dumpling (I use my pizza cutter)
- bring your broth to low boil and drop your dumplings in a few at a time, stirring every now and then.when all dumplings are in turn stove to low.
- mix 6 tablespoons of flour,add COLD water to make a loose paste. ( you want it to be a little thinner than pancake batter)just stir until all lumps or out.
- add to dumplings a tablespoon at a time,stirring after each addition. It will look lumpy when first added but will cook out. If broth is not as thick you like,add more thickening.
- add deboned chicken to pot,let simmer for 10 or 15 min.
- I MADE CHANGES TO MY RECIPE, IT SHOULD BE 6 QUARTS WATER. SO SORRY. AND YOU DROP YOUR DUMPLINGS A FEW AT A TIME ( 3-4) INTO THE BOILING BROTH.KEEP BROTH AT A LOW BOIL UNTIL YOU DROP ALL DUMPLINGS, STIRRING AFTER EVERY 4TH OR 5TH DROP,UNTIL ALL DUMPLINGS ARE IN TURN ON LOW